About Us - Why We Exist:
Troopers Helping Troopers
The North Carolina Trooper’s Association was founded in 1977.
Why do we need a North Carolina Troopers Association?
- To advance the principles of proper law enforcement and support the continuing betterment of criminal
justice in the state of North Carolina and the United States of America;
- To actively support legislation that improves law enforcement and to provide information to the
membership on legislation that is related to or affects them as members;
- To actively seek legislation that will benefit and enhance members during their tenure with the North
Carolina State Highway Patrol and when they retire;
- To establish liaison with the Colonel of the Highway Patrol and his administrative staff, keeping
lines of communication always open for positive discussion on matters relating to association members
or association business.
- To advise members, when asked, about problems they might encounter;
- To see that all laws protecting its members are upheld;
- To seek new members in order to strengthen NCTA’s position as advocates for the largest possible
number of NC Troopers.